Войти

The Navy command was presented with the latest underwater unmanned complex for destroying mines

775
0
+2
Image source: © РИА Новости / Константин Михальчевский

KUBINKA (Moscow region), 27 Aug-RIA Novosti. The latest underwater unmanned complex for destroying mines was presented to the Navy command at the Army-2021 forum, the project manager of the Sredne-Nevsky Shipbuilding Plant (SNSZ)told RIA Novosti Maxim Umansky.

"The final stage of testing will be held in September, after which, we hope, the Navy command will conclude a contract for the serial production of these underwater vehicles," he said at the Army - 2021 forum.

The complex, consisting of an underwater robot for additional search of mines and several small disposable kamikaze devices, was named "Yantar". Umansky explained that the trawling group can clearly classify up to 85% of the detected objects as mine-like. In order to reclassify and, if necessary, destroy the remaining 15%, new drones will be used. After the group has passed and retreated to a safe distance, they will be released in the opposite direction.

The main device is equipped with a camera and three navigation complexes. In addition, in addition to the payload for destroying mines, it has a pyrezak for cutting minreps (cables that attach mines to anchors that hold them in one place).

As explained to RIA Novosti in the company "Idrobaltika" (the counterparty of the SNSZ), now the minesweepers are armed with the ISPUM device (an Intelligent system for searching and destroying mines). However, it is too big and heavy, and it can only move away from the ship by 300 meters. In addition, the speed of the ISPUM is three knots, that is, it cannot move if the current is faster. The Yantar spacecraft moves at a speed of up to six knots and departs from the vessel at a distance of up to 1.5 kilometers, while it can work at a depth of up to 300 meters.

A small remotely controlled vehicle, of which there will be several units on each minesweeper, carries a load weighing up to 14 kilograms - either a cumulative charge or a high-explosive one. If the device came to a given point and found that it was not actually a mine in front of it, it can be remotely brought into an inert state and pulled back to the minesweeper on a cable.

The Yantar system can be obtained both by new ships of the 12700 Alexandrite project, which will be built under a contract with the Ministry of Defense, and already built and accepted into the fleet.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 08.12 05:42
  • 11
В ЦВО проведен военно-технический эксперимент с применением новых способов противодействия БЛА
  • 08.12 05:02
  • 2
In Japan, the upgraded "Pantsir-S1M" was evaluated
  • 08.12 04:29
  • 39
The National Interest (США): российский танк Т-80 — это не шутка
  • 08.12 00:52
  • 42
The Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation to international organizations in Vienna Ulyanov called the refusal of AUKUS to provide data on the union abnormal
  • 08.12 00:31
  • 29
Новый «стратег» исправит проблемы российских бомбардировщиков
  • 07.12 23:50
  • 12
"Калашников" создаст на базе АК-308 автомат нового поколения
  • 07.12 23:28
  • 1
Победа СССР без единого выстрела. Почему США свернули проект «Валькирия»
  • 07.12 23:03
  • 1
Turkish air defense was considered capable of surpassing the S-400
  • 07.12 22:25
  • 3
Как российскому автопрому обрести больше свободы от импорта
  • 07.12 22:16
  • 1
The Russian "Flex-C" was called an analogue of the Polish complex
  • 07.12 21:35
  • 33
The United States agrees with Stoltenberg on the inadmissibility of Russia's influence in the issue of NATO expansion
  • 07.12 20:44
  • 3
Tank killer: the work of the PTKM-1R anti-roof mine was shown on video
  • 07.12 20:43
  • 16
Korean aircraft carrier "won back" funding
  • 07.12 19:44
  • 444
Шойгу счел необходимым построить в России еще несколько крупных городов
  • 07.12 19:36
  • 2
Putin signed the law on the powers of Roscosmos in the field of infrastructure construction