TSAMTO, May 25. At Sevmash (part of JSC "USC"), work has been completed on the reconstruction of the roof of the oldest boathouse (shop No. 50) with the replacement of the wall fence with sandwich panels. The modernization of the workshop was carried out within the framework of the state program of the Russian Federation "Development of the Defense Industry".
Boathouse No. 1 of slipway-delivery production is one of the first workshops of Sevmash. It was built in 1940. On the slipway of the workshop, the first ship of the enterprise was laid – the world's largest battleship "Soviet Belarus". In terms of its size, the workshop during the construction period had no analogues either in our country or abroad, and the technical solutions that formed the basis for the design of the steel structures of the building were advanced ideas of the late 1930s.
During the modernization of the boathouse, the roof was reconstructed with the replacement of the covering plates and the roof pie with a total area of 36,000 m2 with more modern and light construction materials. This made it possible to reduce the load on the main load-bearing metal structures of the boathouse frame. The exterior wall fence made of ceramic bricks, which was used in the construction of the boathouse No. 1, was partially replaced with lighter and more modern sandwich panels on the south and north sides of the workshop.
Thanks to the reconstruction of the roof and wall fencing, the service life of the shop's enclosing structures has increased, as well as heat losses during the heating period have decreased, the press service of JSC "PO "Sevmash" reports.