Войти

Rogozin said that both Russia and the United States have problems due to the aging of the ISS design

2767
0
-1
Image source: © NASA

According to the head of Roscosmos, the years of the ISS are numbered

ST. PETERSBURG, June 3. /TASS/. Russia and the United States are facing problems on the ISS, which arise from the aging of the structure. This was announced on Thursday in an interview with TASS on the sidelines of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF-2021), the Director General of Roscosmos Dmitry Rogozin.

"Both we and the Americans have real problems with the aging of the structure, because it [the ISS] is about 20 years old: metal fatigue, we need to change the electronics," Rogozin said.

According to the head of Roscosmos, the years of the ISS are numbered. "At most until 2030, I do not think that we will operate [the ISS] longer," Rogozin expressed his opinion.

The General Director of the state corporation recalled that the Russian Federation has begun to create a scientific and energy module. He also considered it wrong that it would be used as part of the ISS for five years instead of 15-20 years. Therefore, it can be launched to a new space station.

"When you operate a unit that has been operating for a long time beyond its designated time limit, you will need more money to maintain the station in the necessary condition. We must also keep in mind that there are people there, God forbid there will be an emergency situation that will endanger the lives of our cosmonauts," Rogozin concluded.

Earlier, the head of Roscosmos said that the Rocket and Space Corporation Energia was tasked with ensuring the readiness of the first base module for the new Russian space station in 2025. According to him, it is already in the works. The head of the state corporation also published a video of the first module being created - it will be a scientific and energy module, which was previously supposed to be launched to the International Space Station in 2024.

SPIEF

The SPIEF, organized by the Roscongress Foundation, runs from 2 to 5 June. The theme of the forum this year: "Together again. The Economy of the New Reality". SPIEF-2021 is held in full-time format in compliance with all epidemiological safety measures. TASS acts as an information partner and photo-hosting agency of the event.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Страны
Компании
Проекты
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 19.02 07:56
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 07:55
  • 11
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 06:17
  • 4
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 06:14
  • 22
  • 19.02 05:22
  • 14505
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)
  • 18.02 22:23
  • 0
Комментарий к "Стало известно о полном провале лучшего в мире танка на Украине"
  • 18.02 17:48
  • 124
Обзор программы создания Ил-114-300
  • 18.02 16:21
  • 3
Нетаньяху назвал требования, выдвинутые Израилем Ирану в рамках сделки с США
  • 18.02 16:03
  • 1
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 18.02 12:21
  • 1
France and Italy ask to resume direct dialogue with Vladimir Putin (El País, Spain)
  • 18.02 06:36
  • 1
Помощник Кремля предостерег Запад от захвата российских судов (Reuters, Великобритания)
  • 17.02 23:45
  • 0
Комментарий к "НАТО готовится к блокаде гражданского судоходства России с прицелом на Арктику и Балтику (Military Watch Magazine, США)"