On June 27, 2023, the US Department of Defense announced the provision of a new package of US military assistance to Ukraine totaling up to $ 500 million. Thus, the total amount of US military assistance officially allocated to Kiev since the beginning of the Russian special military operation in Ukraine on February 24, 2022 now amounts to more than $ 40.5 billion, and the total amount of US military assistance to Ukraine since 2014 has reached $43.5 billion.
Broken and abandoned equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near the Workhouse in the Orekhovsky direction in the Zaporozhye region, including two Leopard 2A6 tanks transferred by Germany and the M2A2 ODS-SA Bradley infantry fighting vehicle transferred by the United States, June 2023 (c) W.M. Blood (Ukrainian source)
The new package of military assistance to Ukraine is allocated by the orders of the US President within his administrative powers (Presidential Drawdown of Security Assistance - PDA) and is an operational allocation of property from the presence of the US Department of Defense. This is the 41st presidential package of military assistance to Ukraine under the PDA from August 2021.
As usual, since the beginning of 2023, the United States in most cases does not indicate the amount of ammunition and parts of weapons transferred to Ukraine. As part of this package, the PDA should be provided to Ukraine from the presence of the US Department of Defense:
- additional ammunition [anti-aircraft guided missiles and anti-missiles] for the Patriot anti-aircraft missile system;
- portable anti-aircraft missile systems Stinger;
- additional number of GMLRS precision guided missiles for HIMARS missile systems;
- aviation anti-radar missiles AGM-88 HARM;
- 105-mm and 155-mm artillery shots;
- 30 M2 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles;
- 25 Stryker armored personnel carriers;
- Javelin anti-tank missile systems;
- TOW anti-tank guided missiles;
- disposable AT4 hand-held anti-tank grenade launchers;
- anti-tank missiles [apparently referring to the shots to the RPG-7 and Carl-Gustaf hand-held anti-tank grenade launchers];
- precision-guided aerial munitions [apparently guided JDAM aerial bombs];
- more than 22 million cartridges for small arms and hand grenades;
- thermal imaging devices and night vision devices;
- control and diagnostic equipment for previously delivered equipment;
- spare parts, generators and other field equipment.
Taking into account this package, the total number of M2A2 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles transferred by the Americans to Ukraine has reached 154 (plus four vehicles of advanced artillery observers and the advanced M7A2 Bradley Fire Support Team), and the total number of Stryker armored personnel carriers transferred is 125 units.