Войти

North Korea held exercises simulating a nuclear counterattack over the weekend - Mass media

1727
0
0
Image source: Илья Питалев/РИА Новости

Hong Kong. March 20. INTERFAX - North Korea said on Monday that it conducted exercises simulating a tactical nuclear counterattack over the weekend.

"On March 18 and 19, comprehensive tactical exercises were held aimed at practical strengthening of the war deterrence forces and the country's ability to launch a nuclear counterattack, to work out the order and processes of performing the task of a tactical nuclear attack by the relevant parts," the KCNA said in a statement.

It is noted that the two-day exercises included exercises on the management of the nuclear strike command system, real exercises on the transition to combat readiness for a nuclear counterattack and exercises on the launch of a tactical ballistic missile with a simulated nuclear warhead.

On March 19, exercises were held to launch a ballistic missile that simulated a tactical nuclear attack.

According to the state agency of the DPRK, the missile launched from the Cheolsan County of North Pyeongan province exploded exactly at an altitude of 800 meters above the intended target in the Sea of Japan.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un led the exercises of his military units. Photos published by state media show that his daughter also watched the exercises.

The North Korean leader mentioned that it is very important to often organize exercises close to real combat so that the military "gets used to an unexpected situation and carefully prepares for immediate, overwhelming and active nuclear response readiness at any time."

"We cannot contain the war just by the fact that we are a nuclear state. Only when we bring the country into a state of readiness for nuclear attacks, which can be carried out quickly and accurately at any time, we will be able to fulfill an important strategic mission to contain the war," KCNA quotes Kim Jong-un.

The agency noted that one of the goals of the exercises is "to warn opponents who openly reveal clear intentions to unleash a war against the republic, expand aggressive military exercises and conduct offensive military actions, ignoring our repeated warnings."

On March 19, the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the South Korean Armed Forces informed that the DPRK had launched a short-range ballistic missile from the area of the Tonchhanni test site.

The DPRK had previously warned that it would take practical measures of military deterrence in response to the joint US-South Korean military exercises Freedom Shield, which started on March 13.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 23.08 19:23
  • 16391
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 22.08 20:03
  • 6
В России приступили к сборке первых самолетов Як-130М
  • 22.08 07:44
  • 2
"Военная хроника": Связка Су-25 и БПЛА "Герань" увеличивает дальность поражения
  • 22.08 07:29
  • 2
The circumpolar regions of the Moon were considered an ideal place for the survival of terrestrial microbes
  • 22.08 00:46
  • 1
Замглавы МО РФ обсудил с послом Шри-Ланки перспективы военного сотрудничества
  • 22.08 00:03
  • 1
Российские военные научили робота «Курьер» автоматически уничтожать дроны
  • 21.08 23:33
  • 1
Цель определена: Украина разместит предприятие по производству БПЛА в Финляндии
  • 21.08 23:30
  • 1
За время СВО "Ланцеты" применены уже более 5 тысяч раз
  • 21.08 23:20
  • 0
Комментарий к "The Atlantic рассказал о «страшном сне НАТО»"
  • 21.08 23:02
  • 3
"Field artillery of the future": AS9 Huntsman self-propelled guns entered the Australian Army
  • 21.08 21:54
  • 0
Комментарий к "Кто победит в дуэли Су-57 против Dassault Rafale? Ответ может удивить (The National Interest, США)"
  • 21.08 21:30
  • 135
Обзор программы создания Ил-114-300
  • 21.08 18:02
  • 0
Комментарий к " "Именно этого Москва не хочет". Этим учением НАТО посылает четкий сигнал (Die Welt, Германия)"
  • 21.08 18:01
  • 0
Комментарий к "Америка должна выйти из НАТО и перестать играть роль мирового жандарма на Ближнем Востоке (19FortyFive, США)"
  • 21.08 14:11
  • 3
Putin teases NATO with a warship with hypersonic missiles on board (The Telegraph UK, UK)