Войти

Roscosmos will continue to monitor space debris near the ISS

2825
0
0
Image source: Фото: Роскосмос

The Russian Automated System for the Prevention of Dangerous Situations in Near-Earth Space (ASPOS OKP) continues to monitor space debris near the International Space Station (ISS). This was announced on Tuesday, November 16, by the state corporation Roscosmos.

"ASPOS OKP continues to monitor the situation in order to prevent and fend off all possible threats to the safety of the International Space Station and its crew," the published message says.

Roscosmos noted that dozens of flights to the ISS have created conditions for international cooperation in difficult situations. This is also confirmed by cases of mutual assistance provided by the ISS crew and specialists on Earth.

"We are convinced that only the joint efforts of all space powers will be able to ensure the most secure coexistence and activity in outer space," the state corporation said in a statement.

A day earlier, Roscosmos reported that space debris approaching the ISS no longer threatens the station.

Earlier in the day, it became known from the negotiations of the station crew with the Earth that the astronauts would have to hide in the Soyuz spacecraft and on the American segment due to the threat of a collision with space debris

There were no signs of contact with debris at the station, the pressure on the ISS has not changed.

Earlier, on November 10, the altitude of the orbit of the International Space Station was adjusted to avoid a collision with a fragment of the Chinese satellite Fengyun-1C. After the maneuver, the height of the ISS orbit increased by about 1.2 km.

The maneuver was carried out using the Progress MS-18 transport cargo ship docked to the Zvezda service module of the Russian segment of the station. Their mooring engines were turned off at 23:15 for six minutes.

Fengyun-1C is a Chinese meteorological satellite. It is known that on January 11, 2007, China successfully tested its own anti-satellite weapons. As a result, the weather satellite, which was in orbit at a height of 865 km, was destroyed by a direct missile hit.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 14:31
  • 1574
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 13:25
  • 14518
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:50
  • 13
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 07:56
  • 0
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)
  • 18.02 22:23
  • 0
Комментарий к "Стало известно о полном провале лучшего в мире танка на Украине"
  • 18.02 17:48
  • 124
Обзор программы создания Ил-114-300
  • 18.02 16:21
  • 3
Нетаньяху назвал требования, выдвинутые Израилем Ирану в рамках сделки с США
  • 18.02 16:03
  • 1
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки