Войти

The Pentagon has denied information about the interception of an Iranian tanker in the Gulf of Oman

Sections: Sea, Global safety
4129
0
0
Image source: Фото: TASS/EPA/A. Carrasco Ragel

The Pentagon has denied a statement about an attempt by the US Navy to intercept an oil cargo on board an Iranian tanker in the Gulf of Oman. This was announced on Wednesday, November 3, by the press secretary of the US military department, John Kirby.

"These statements are absolutely false and false. The US Navy has not made any attempts to intercept anything, " said a representative of the US Department of Defense.

According to him, on October 24, the United States Navy detected the illegal entry on board of Iranian forces and their seizure of a merchant vessel in the international waters of the Gulf of Oman.

Earlier on November 3, the Iranian media reported that the warships of the US Fifth Fleet stopped the tanker of the Islamic Republic to transfer export oil to another vessel. During the attack, the US military used several combat helicopters and ships.

On the same day, a video was published of how the forces of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps prevented the US military from intercepting the cargo of the republic's oil tanker.

Sources in Washington denied the Iranian version of events. As they told the AP, Tehran did not provide either the name of the ship or any explanation of why the US Navy allegedly tried to seize the ship with Iranian oil.

According to Rasul Gudarzi, an expert on Iran and Latin America, the incident in the Gulf of Oman could turn into a disaster if one of the parties makes a mistake. For the United States and Iran, which are still unsuccessfully trying to agree on a nuclear agreement, what happened will not have the best effect on the negotiations.

His colleague, military expert Igor Nikulin, during a conversation with Izvestia, added that the United States had repeatedly been caught for sea robberies, but the American military managed to cope only with unarmed.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 20.02 00:59
  • 3
Подушка безопасности Ирана на фоне слов Израиля о недостаточности вывоза урана
  • 20.02 00:24
  • 14546
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 19.02 20:26
  • 0
Комментарий к "Аналитики предупреждают: Су-35 с ракетами увеличенной дальности угрожают превосходству НАТО в воздухе (Business Insider, Германия)"
  • 19.02 18:15
  • 1579
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 18:12
  • 67
CEO of UAC Slyusar: SSJ New tests with Russian engines will begin in the fall - TASS interview
  • 19.02 15:50
  • 16
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 15:07
  • 2
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 07:56
  • 0
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)