Войти

The United States announced no plans to return troops to Afghanistan

2171
0
0
Image source: Фото: Global Look Press/U.S. Marine/Sgt. Jillian G. Hix

The US Department of Defense does not currently have plans for the re-entry of American troops into Afghanistan. This was announced on September 28 by the head of the Pentagon, Lloyd Austin.

"At the moment, according to the decision of the President [US Joe Biden], we have left Afghanistan. We were not instructed to develop any plans to return to Afghanistan," he said at a hearing in the US Senate Armed Services Committee, broadcast by the US military department.

In addition, during his speech at the hearing, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the US Armed Forces, General Mark Milli, noted that the radical Taliban movement (recognized as terrorist, banned in the Russian Federation) has not yet severed ties with the Al-Qaeda terrorist network (banned in the Russian Federation) and remains a terrorist organization.

According to him, it remains to be seen whether the Taliban will be able to consolidate power or Afghanistan will fall apart as a result of the subsequent civil war. Milli also did not rule out that terrorists will again organize attacks from the territory of the country.

On September 27, former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani called on the international community to recognize the new government of the country.

On September 24, US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said that the recognition of the legitimacy of the new Afghan authorities formed by the Taliban depends on their fulfillment of obligations in accordance with UN Security Council resolutions.


The situation in Afghanistan worsened in May 2021 after the start of the withdrawal of American troops who had been in the country since 2001. The Taliban launched an offensive against major cities of the country and entered Kabul on August 15, declaring the end of the war. Ashraf Ghani left the country on the same day.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Компании
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 22.08 20:03
  • 6
В России приступили к сборке первых самолетов Як-130М
  • 22.08 19:08
  • 16390
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 22.08 07:44
  • 2
"Военная хроника": Связка Су-25 и БПЛА "Герань" увеличивает дальность поражения
  • 22.08 07:29
  • 2
The circumpolar regions of the Moon were considered an ideal place for the survival of terrestrial microbes
  • 22.08 00:46
  • 1
Замглавы МО РФ обсудил с послом Шри-Ланки перспективы военного сотрудничества
  • 22.08 00:03
  • 1
Российские военные научили робота «Курьер» автоматически уничтожать дроны
  • 21.08 23:33
  • 1
Цель определена: Украина разместит предприятие по производству БПЛА в Финляндии
  • 21.08 23:30
  • 1
За время СВО "Ланцеты" применены уже более 5 тысяч раз
  • 21.08 23:20
  • 0
Комментарий к "The Atlantic рассказал о «страшном сне НАТО»"
  • 21.08 23:02
  • 3
"Field artillery of the future": AS9 Huntsman self-propelled guns entered the Australian Army
  • 21.08 21:54
  • 0
Комментарий к "Кто победит в дуэли Су-57 против Dassault Rafale? Ответ может удивить (The National Interest, США)"
  • 21.08 21:30
  • 135
Обзор программы создания Ил-114-300
  • 21.08 18:02
  • 0
Комментарий к " "Именно этого Москва не хочет". Этим учением НАТО посылает четкий сигнал (Die Welt, Германия)"
  • 21.08 18:01
  • 0
Комментарий к "Америка должна выйти из НАТО и перестать играть роль мирового жандарма на Ближнем Востоке (19FortyFive, США)"
  • 21.08 14:11
  • 3
Putin teases NATO with a warship with hypersonic missiles on board (The Telegraph UK, UK)