Войти

Australia will receive submarines a decade later due to joining AUKUS, according to Paris

2040
0
0
Image source: warspot.ru

Paris. September 21. INTERFAX-Canberra's entry into the AUKUS partnership and the rejection of the contract with Paris for the construction of submarines may lead to Australia receiving submarines a decade later than planned - in 2040, French Defense Ministry spokesman Herve Grandjean said.

"(Instead of 2030 - IF) now it will be more likely to be 2040, " the Associated Press agency quotes him as saying.

According to Grandjean, Canberra's decision to cancel the contract with Paris is "bad news" for Australia. At the same time, he recalled that the extension of the delivery period of submarines will occur against the background of how quickly China is increasing its military power.

He also said that France has built more than 250 submarines for more than 120 years, and the country has rich knowledge and engineering skills in this area. Grandjean noted that non-nuclear submarines, which France proposed to build to Australia, are apparently less noticeable for detection means than nuclear submarines.

He added that on the same day as the AUKUS partnership was announced, the Australian side sent a message to Paris that Canberra was satisfied with the state of the joint defense program with France to create submarines.

In turn, French Defense Minister Florence Parly, speaking in the French parliament on Tuesday, said that Australia, "destroying trust between allies," made a "strategic turn" and completely entrusted its future to the United States against the threat from China.

According to her, the United States may want to increase the level of escalation with China, adding to it, probably, a "military dimension".

Last week, US President Joe Biden, Australian Prime Ministers Scott Morrison and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced the creation of a new trilateral security partnership - AUKUS. The first major initiative of AUKUS will be the construction of a nuclear submarine fleet for Australia. This provides for the refusal of Canberra from the contract for the construction of submarines with the French company Naval Group for $90 billion.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 16.02 21:03
  • 14369
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 16.02 20:31
  • 0
Комментарий к "ФАШИЗМ = СОЦИАЛИЗМ?"
  • 16.02 17:21
  • 1
"Заметно превосходит". В США сделали тяжелое признание о российском оружии
  • 16.02 16:57
  • 1
Ковальчук: Россия создает первый в мире беспилотник с водородным двигателем
  • 16.02 16:19
  • 194
Russia has launched production of 20 Tu-214 aircraft
  • 16.02 16:07
  • 1
The new Natilus Horizon Evo aircraft will receive an unusual double-deck design
  • 16.02 11:56
  • 1
From the civilian to the front
  • 16.02 06:44
  • 0
Комментарий к "Вооруженные силы США остались без оружия (19FortyFive, США)"
  • 16.02 05:03
  • 0
Комментарий на "Су-57 только что получил новую смертоносную систему вооружения (The National Interest, США)"
  • 16.02 03:21
  • 0
Комментарий к "На Западе объяснили «неудачу» российского Су-35 в Индии"
  • 16.02 03:13
  • 1
Нигер предлагает России полезные ископаемые в обмен на постоянную военную базу
  • 15.02 15:50
  • 38
КРЭТ: дирижабли с локаторами ПРО могут появиться в России
  • 15.02 11:37
  • 1
With the regiment and the deployment: units of troops of unmanned systems have been created in all districts
  • 15.02 09:54
  • 1
В США указали на недостатки Су-57
  • 15.02 03:06
  • 2
Комментарий к "How Russian Air Doctrine Shaped the Su-57 “Felon” Fighter"