Войти

Blinken spoke about the US strikes on weapons depots in Syria and Iraq

1747
0
0
Image source: Фото: Global Look Press/Anas Alkharboutli/dpa

On June 27, the United States attacked the armories of paramilitary groups in Syria and Iraq. This was stated by US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, speaking on Monday, June 28, at a press conference in Rome, where he arrived on a visit.

He clarified that all the strikes were carried out by order of US President Joe Biden.

"The Armed Forces (Armed Forces. - "Izvestia") The US has carried out strikes on facilities used by Iranian-backed paramilitary groups in the area of the border between Syria and Iraq. The target was objects that were used by groups responsible for recent attacks against US interests in Iraq, in particular, they were inflicted on..> warehouses in two places in Syria and one in Iraq, " Blinken said.

Earlier in the day, Pentagon spokeswoman Jessica McNulty said that the United States had warned other countries about plans to launch an airstrike on the border territory of Iraq and Syria. At the same time, the US defense department did not specify whether Moscow received such a message.

Later on Monday, The New York Times newspaper, citing sources in the administration of American President Joe Biden, reported that the strikes of the American Air Force (Air Force) on the night of June 28 were directed at two targets in Syria, and one on the territory of Iraq, in the latter case it was a base operated for drone operations against the US military.

At the same time, the US Department of Defense said yesterday that the US Air Force had carried out airstrikes against pro-Iranian rebel targets on the border of Iraq and Syria. Biden gave the order because of a series of attacks by these groups on American interests in Iraq.

According to residents of the Syrian city of Abu Kemal in the province of Deir Ez-Zor, a child was killed in the attack, three more civilians were injured.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 19.02 11:14
  • 14511
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 19.02 09:58
  • 12
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 07:56
  • 0
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 06:17
  • 4
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 06:14
  • 22
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)
  • 18.02 22:23
  • 0
Комментарий к "Стало известно о полном провале лучшего в мире танка на Украине"
  • 18.02 17:48
  • 124
Обзор программы создания Ил-114-300
  • 18.02 16:21
  • 3
Нетаньяху назвал требования, выдвинутые Израилем Ирану в рамках сделки с США
  • 18.02 16:03
  • 1
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 18.02 12:21
  • 1
France and Italy ask to resume direct dialogue with Vladimir Putin (El País, Spain)
  • 18.02 06:36
  • 1
Помощник Кремля предостерег Запад от захвата российских судов (Reuters, Великобритания)
  • 17.02 23:45
  • 0
Комментарий к "НАТО готовится к блокаде гражданского судоходства России с прицелом на Арктику и Балтику (Military Watch Magazine, США)"