Войти

The work planned by the Pentagon to create new interceptor missiles is directed against the Russian Strategic Nuclear Forces

3002
0
0
Image source: © Public domain

TSAMTO, April 28. The work planned by the Pentagon to create new interceptor missiles is directed against Russia's strategic nuclear forces, said Igor Korotchenko, the director of the CAMTO, in an interview with RIA Novosti.

As Bloomberg previously reported, the Pentagon plans to allocate about $ 18 billion for the development of new interceptors of missiles from the DPRK or Iran. Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman will participate in the competition. It is planned to produce 31 interceptors, which will be delivered no later than 2028 and will be located in Alaska.

"The claims that the new US anti-missiles are allegedly designed to intercept Iranian and North Korean missiles are deceitful. It is obvious that here we are talking about building up American capabilities to intercept Russian intercontinental ballistic missiles on land and sea bases. The US strategic missile defense system is being improved. Given that the United States withdrew from the ABM treaty of 1972, their hands are untied," Korotchenko said.

In his opinion, most likely, we are no longer talking about the creation of new classes of anti-missile systems, but about the planned modernization of heavy GBI (Ground-Based Interceptor) missiles located in Alaska in silo launchers.

"Given the modest amount of funding by US standards, in all likelihood, the tactical and technical characteristics of this existing segment of the global US missile defense system will be improved: for example, GBI will receive an upgraded interception stage, their interception algorithms will be improved," the director of CAMTO explained.

I. Korotchenko added that the work planned by the Pentagon will not really affect the capabilities of the Russian nuclear triad, which includes Strategic Missile Forces, long-range missile carriers and nuclear submarines with ballistic missiles. "So far, these American measures do not impose any restrictions on the possibility of Russia implementing, if necessary, the concept of a retaliatory nuclear strike," he stressed.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Продукция
Проекты
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 20.02 10:06
  • 14550
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 20.02 09:46
  • 5
Подушка безопасности Ирана на фоне слов Израиля о недостаточности вывоза урана
  • 19.02 20:26
  • 0
Комментарий к "Аналитики предупреждают: Су-35 с ракетами увеличенной дальности угрожают превосходству НАТО в воздухе (Business Insider, Германия)"
  • 19.02 18:15
  • 1579
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 18:12
  • 67
CEO of UAC Slyusar: SSJ New tests with Russian engines will begin in the fall - TASS interview
  • 19.02 15:50
  • 16
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 15:07
  • 2
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 07:56
  • 0
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)