Войти

US withdrawal from Afghanistan will not deprive the US military of the ability to strike at terrorists-Commander

1883
0
0
Image source: © AP Photo / Rahmat Gul, File

Washington. April 20. INTERFAX-The withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan will make it more difficult to strike terrorists, but it will not deprive the Pentagon of the ability to conduct such operations, the head of the US Central Command (CENTCOM), General Frank McKenzie, said on Tuesday.

"If you leave the country and you don't have the infrastructure that we have now there (in Afghanistan - IF), then it will be harder to do this. But this is not impossible, " The Hill quotes him as saying to the Armed Services Committee of the House of Representatives of the US Congress.

He noted that he is now engaged in detailed planning of operations that could be carried out by US troops in Afghanistan, while being based in other places in the region.

"We will study all the countries of the region, and our diplomats will contact them, and we will talk about where we can place these resources (for anti-terrorist operations-IF)," he explained.

At the same time, McKenzie said, the United States currently does not have agreements on basing its forces in Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and other countries surrounding Afghanistan.

According to McKenzie, in future operations in Afghanistan, the United States can use drones, aircraft, high-precision long-range missiles.

The commander added that he continues to have "deep doubts" about the ability of the Taliban (banned in Russia) to adhere to the obligations assumed by the Taliban in accordance with the peace agreement concluded last year with the United States.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 20.02 12:18
  • 10
Подушка безопасности Ирана на фоне слов Израиля о недостаточности вывоза урана
  • 20.02 12:18
  • 14552
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 19.02 20:26
  • 0
Комментарий к "Аналитики предупреждают: Су-35 с ракетами увеличенной дальности угрожают превосходству НАТО в воздухе (Business Insider, Германия)"
  • 19.02 18:15
  • 1579
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 18:12
  • 67
CEO of UAC Slyusar: SSJ New tests with Russian engines will begin in the fall - TASS interview
  • 19.02 15:50
  • 16
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 15:07
  • 2
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 07:56
  • 0
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)