Войти

Tomsk scientists have invented a lightweight material for satellites

2110
0
+2
Image source: Фото: Национальный исследовательский Томский политехнический университет

Scientists of Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU) have created a technology for producing a complex composite that can be used to protect the electronics of space satellites. This was told to RIA "Tomsk" by Professor of TPU Oleg Khasanov.

According to him, the composite has a non-porous and homogeneous structure, so it can withstand high mechanical loads, as well as temperature differences from -200 to +200 degrees Celsius. At the same time, the material remains light.

"The main purpose of the developed composite is to protect the electronics of satellites from complex streams of radiation ionizing radiation: gamma quanta, neutrons, electrons, and ions," the scientist said.

The material is based on an alloy of aluminum and magnesium (65%). The remaining 35% is light boron carbide and tungsten nanoparticles. They provide protection against gamma rays and neutrons.

The technology was patented. The polytechnics propose to scale it within the framework of cooperation between TPU and the Aeronet Association of the National Technology Initiative (NTI), Khasanov added.

Earlier in March, it was reported that scientists from Tomsk State University (TSU) are exploring the territory from Biysk to the Arctic to determine the distribution of microplastics in rain and snow. There is no such data for Russia yet.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Страны
Проекты
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 08.12 05:42
  • 11
В ЦВО проведен военно-технический эксперимент с применением новых способов противодействия БЛА
  • 08.12 05:02
  • 2
In Japan, the upgraded "Pantsir-S1M" was evaluated
  • 08.12 04:29
  • 39
The National Interest (США): российский танк Т-80 — это не шутка
  • 08.12 00:52
  • 42
The Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation to international organizations in Vienna Ulyanov called the refusal of AUKUS to provide data on the union abnormal
  • 08.12 00:31
  • 29
Новый «стратег» исправит проблемы российских бомбардировщиков
  • 07.12 23:50
  • 12
"Калашников" создаст на базе АК-308 автомат нового поколения
  • 07.12 23:28
  • 1
Победа СССР без единого выстрела. Почему США свернули проект «Валькирия»
  • 07.12 23:03
  • 1
Turkish air defense was considered capable of surpassing the S-400
  • 07.12 22:25
  • 3
Как российскому автопрому обрести больше свободы от импорта
  • 07.12 22:16
  • 1
The Russian "Flex-C" was called an analogue of the Polish complex
  • 07.12 21:35
  • 33
The United States agrees with Stoltenberg on the inadmissibility of Russia's influence in the issue of NATO expansion
  • 07.12 20:44
  • 3
Tank killer: the work of the PTKM-1R anti-roof mine was shown on video
  • 07.12 20:43
  • 16
Korean aircraft carrier "won back" funding
  • 07.12 19:44
  • 444
Шойгу счел необходимым построить в России еще несколько крупных городов
  • 07.12 19:36
  • 2
Putin signed the law on the powers of Roscosmos in the field of infrastructure construction