Войти

Paris does not recognize the decision of Niger's military to terminate military treaties with France - Foreign Ministry

1450
0
0
Image source: © AFP 2022 / GEOFFROY VAN DER HASSELT

Brussels. August 4. INTERFAX - French authorities on Friday said they refuse to recognize the decision of Niger's military to denounce military agreements with Paris, Western media reported.

"The legal framework of the French defense agreement with Niger is based on agreements concluded by the legitimate authorities of Niger," the media quoted excerpts from a statement by the French Foreign Ministry.

They stressed that only the legitimate head of the country could cancel the bilateral military agreements. The Foreign Ministry said that the deposed government of President Mohamed Bazoum was "the only one that France and the entire international community recognize."

At the same time, Paris added that they "took note" of the statement of the Niger rebels on military cooperation.

Earlier on Friday it was reported that the military, who overthrew the president, announced the denunciation of several military agreements with France.

Meanwhile, approximately 1.5 thousand French soldiers remain in Niger, who, together with the army of this African country, are involved in the fight against jihadists. The French General Staff noted that the evacuation of French servicemen stationed in Niger is not currently being considered.

On July 26, it became known that some of the employees of the Presidential Guard of Niger opposed President Bazuma, who was captured and removed from power. The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Niger stated that the military command supported the fighters of the Presidential Guard who opposed Bazum. Army General Abdurakhman Tchiani was announced as the new leader of the country.

The United States, France, the EU, the African Union, and ECOWAS condemned the military coup. However, he was supported by Mali and Burkina Faso: these two countries warned that they would perceive any foreign military intervention in Niger as a declaration of war against them.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 29.11 19:56
  • 29
Italy has ordered the first KF41 Lynx infantry fighting vehicles
  • 29.11 19:36
  • 0
Комментарий к "Почему оторванная от реальности Европа не станет поддерживать Украину в конфликте (The Telegraph UK, Великобритания)"
  • 29.11 19:36
  • 11700
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 29.11 15:47
  • 80
МС-21 готовится к первому полету
  • 29.11 11:46
  • 9
Российскому среднемагистральному лайнеру МС-21 «сократили» дальность полета
  • 29.11 11:13
  • 8
Силуанов: время углеводородного сырья уходит, экономике нужны другие «двигатели»
  • 29.11 10:53
  • 3
Set off across the world: how does Kiev intend to maintain an army of 800,000 people
  • 29.11 07:28
  • 0
Комментарий к "Война России с НАТО будет намного стремительнее, чем конфликт на Украине (Newsweek, США)"
  • 29.11 06:17
  • 0
Комментарий к "Беззащитная Великобритания – легкая мишень: когда Украина падет, мы будем следующими (The Independent, Великобритания)"
  • 29.11 04:45
  • 0
Комментарий к "Забрезжило соглашение по Украине, и Франция с Великобританией определяются с военным присутствием там (Politico, США)"
  • 29.11 02:52
  • 13
Прогнозы Илона Маска: ИИ полностью заменит работающих за компьютерами. Приложения исчезнут, а звук и изображение будет создавать ИИ
  • 29.11 01:43
  • 2
«Лёгкая добыча для обзорных радаров»: Индия создала новое покрытие для Су-30СМ
  • 28.11 16:10
  • 1
Ковальчук: Россия обладает заделом для освоения дальнего космоса
  • 28.11 14:40
  • 1
В США перспективы российского Су-75 сравнили с «полетом фантазии»
  • 28.11 13:31
  • 1
ВсКО: исторический опыт казачества поможет в мобилизационном резерве ВС РФ