Войти

China has protested to the United States in connection with the downed balloon

1356
0
0
Image source: Петр Ковалев/ ТАСС

Beijing. February 5. INTERFAX - Beijing protested to Washington over the fact that the United States shot down a Chinese balloon over its territory, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said.

"China has expressed strong dissatisfaction and protest to the United States against the use of force by the United States to attack a civilian unmanned balloon," the Chinese Foreign Ministry said in a statement posted on its website.

It notes that the Chinese side has repeatedly informed the American side that the balloon is a civilian object and came to the United States due to force majeure.

At the same time, the Chinese Foreign Ministry recalls, the Pentagon recognized that the balloon did not pose a military or other threat.

Nevertheless, "the American side insisted on the use of force, clearly overstepping the stick and seriously violating international practice," the report says.

"China will resolutely protect the legitimate rights and interests of the relevant enterprises, while maintaining the right to take further necessary retaliatory measures," the Chinese Foreign Ministry stressed.

As reported, the US military shot down a Chinese balloon, which was previously detected over the territory of the United States. In a few days, the balloon flew across the entire territory of the United States from northwest to southeast, including over the state of Montana, where the Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile silo launchers are located.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry said yesterday that the balloon seen over the United States is a civilian aircraft used for scientific purposes, mainly meteorological, which went off course and got into American airspace. In China, they asked for forgiveness for the "unintentional entry of a vessel into US airspace."

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Страны
Проекты
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 19.02 11:30
  • 14512
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 19.02 09:58
  • 12
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 07:56
  • 0
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 06:17
  • 4
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 06:14
  • 22
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)
  • 18.02 22:23
  • 0
Комментарий к "Стало известно о полном провале лучшего в мире танка на Украине"
  • 18.02 17:48
  • 124
Обзор программы создания Ил-114-300
  • 18.02 16:21
  • 3
Нетаньяху назвал требования, выдвинутые Израилем Ирану в рамках сделки с США
  • 18.02 16:03
  • 1
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 18.02 12:21
  • 1
France and Italy ask to resume direct dialogue with Vladimir Putin (El País, Spain)
  • 18.02 06:36
  • 1
Помощник Кремля предостерег Запад от захвата российских судов (Reuters, Великобритания)
  • 17.02 23:45
  • 0
Комментарий к "НАТО готовится к блокаде гражданского судоходства России с прицелом на Арктику и Балтику (Military Watch Magazine, США)"