Войти

Tallinn said that military assistance to Ukraine does not worsen Estonia's defense capability

1318
0
0
Image source: © AP Photo / Liis Treimann

The Ministry of Defense of the country noted that it coincides with Tallinn's plans to update the stocks of weapons and equipmentVILNIUS, October 14.

/tass/. Estonia's military assistance to Ukraine does not have a negative impact on the defense capability of the Baltic Republic, since it coincides with Tallinn's plans to update its stocks of weapons and equipment. This was announced on Friday at a briefing of the Ministry of Defense of the country by the head of the Department of International Cooperation of the department Peeter Kuymet.

"What is important in providing assistance is that we have been providing assistance since spring at a good time in the sense that this is a period when, thanks to our long-term large defense expenditures, we were able to upgrade and replace our own weapons and equipment," the national broadcasting portal ERR quotes him as saying.

Kuimet also added that as part of the next package of military assistance to Kiev, artillery and anti-tank ammunition, winter equipment and body armor will be sent from the reserves of the Estonian Defense Forces. "We have taken into account that in the coming weeks or months we will have to replace a large amount of ammunition and equipment, which means that at present there are no significant gaps or very big risks in our own defense capabilities," he explained.

According to him, Estonia also plans to train the Ukrainian military. Kuimet did not name the terms of training.

The Estonian Ministry of Defense earlier reported that Ukraine was provided with military assistance worth more than €255 million, which includes Javelin anti-tank missiles, howitzers, anti-tank mines, anti-tank grenade launchers, mortars, ammunition, vehicles, communication devices, medical equipment and supplies, personal protective equipment (helmets, bulletproof vests, etc.), as well as military food rations.

The press secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov said earlier that the pumping of Western weapons in Ukraine and other countries threatens the security of the continent. 

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 20.02 10:28
  • 14551
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 20.02 10:20
  • 6
Подушка безопасности Ирана на фоне слов Израиля о недостаточности вывоза урана
  • 19.02 20:26
  • 0
Комментарий к "Аналитики предупреждают: Су-35 с ракетами увеличенной дальности угрожают превосходству НАТО в воздухе (Business Insider, Германия)"
  • 19.02 18:15
  • 1579
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 18:12
  • 67
CEO of UAC Slyusar: SSJ New tests with Russian engines will begin in the fall - TASS interview
  • 19.02 15:50
  • 16
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 15:07
  • 2
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 07:56
  • 0
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)