Войти

Pyongyang called the missile launches a security protection amid military threats from the United States

1111
0
0
Image source: © REUTERS / KCNA

Beijing. October 8th. INTERFAX - The latest nuclear tests conducted by the DPRK represent self-defense measures that are caused by constant military threats from the United States, the Korean Central Telegraph Agency (KCNA) said in a commentary on Saturday.

"The DPRK's missile test launches are regular and planned steps in the field of self-defense taken to protect the country's security and peace in the region from direct US military threats that have been going on for more than half a century," KCNA reports.

The comment was published in response to a resolution of the recent session of the Assembly of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), in which North Korean missile launches were called a violation of UN Security Council resolutions and the Convention on International Civil Aviation.

The National Aviation Administration (NAA) of the DPRK stressed that missile launches are carried out taking into account "the safety of civil aircraft on international flights, they do not pose any threats to the safety of not only civil aviation, but also neighboring countries and the region as a whole."

"ICAO should not join the United States and other forces opposed to the DPRK, seeking to use its platform as a lever of political pressure, mixing political and military problems related to the Korean Peninsula, (...) and take an impartial position," the agency noted.

Earlier, the DPRK Foreign Ministry said that Pyongyang is taking the necessary measures to ensure its security in connection with the actions of the United States and American allies in the area of the Korean peninsula, and therefore considers their appeal to the UN Security Council unfounded.

Last Tuesday, the South Korean military reported that Pyongyang tested a medium-range missile that flew about 4.6 thousand km over Japan and fell into the Pacific Ocean. On Thursday, North Korea fired two more short-range ballistic missiles towards the Sea of Japan.

In this regard, as reported by the Yonhap news agency, the US nuclear aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan will be relocated to the waters east of South Korea.

The carrier strike group left the area of the Korean Peninsula after joint naval exercises involving the United States, Japan and South Korea last week.

Deputy Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation to the UN Anna Evstigneeva said at a meeting of the UN Security Council on Wednesday: "It is obvious that Pyongyang's missile launches are a consequence of the short-sighted confrontational military activity carried out by the United States of America around this country, which hits both their partners in the region and the situation in Northeast Asia as a whole."

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 19.02 20:51
  • 14543
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 19.02 20:26
  • 0
Комментарий к "Аналитики предупреждают: Су-35 с ракетами увеличенной дальности угрожают превосходству НАТО в воздухе (Business Insider, Германия)"
  • 19.02 18:15
  • 1579
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 18:12
  • 67
CEO of UAC Slyusar: SSJ New tests with Russian engines will begin in the fall - TASS interview
  • 19.02 16:51
  • 2
Подушка безопасности Ирана на фоне слов Израиля о недостаточности вывоза урана
  • 19.02 15:50
  • 16
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 15:07
  • 2
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 07:56
  • 0
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)