Войти

The US has not yet decided whether to impose sanctions against India for the S-400 - State Department

1708
0
0
Image source: Фото: Алексей Мальгавко / РИА Новости

Washington. January 28. INTERFAX - The US administration has not yet determined whether India faces sanctions under the CAATSA law for the purchase of Russian S-400 systems, State Department spokesman Ned Price said on Thursday.

"As for CAATSA, as I said, a decision on this transaction has not yet been made," he said at a briefing, adding that the United States is in contact with Delhi on this topic, "given the risk of sanctions."

Price recalled the US position that the countries of the world, in order to avoid American restrictive measures, should "avoid concluding major new agreements on the supply of Russian weapons systems."

Earlier in January, the Hindustan Times newspaper reported, citing sources, that the first regimental set of the S-400 Triumph air defense system in India will be put into operation in April, and the remaining four - until 2023.

"India has begun work on the deployment of the advanced S-400 Triumph missile defense system, the first set will be put into operation in April," the publication emphasized, citing informed sources.

The newspaper noted that "it is expected that all five regimental sets of S-400 will be operational by 2023." The newspaper writes that they are planned to be used for protection in case of an attack from China.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Продукция
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 19.02 20:51
  • 14543
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 19.02 20:26
  • 0
Комментарий к "Аналитики предупреждают: Су-35 с ракетами увеличенной дальности угрожают превосходству НАТО в воздухе (Business Insider, Германия)"
  • 19.02 18:15
  • 1579
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 18:12
  • 67
CEO of UAC Slyusar: SSJ New tests with Russian engines will begin in the fall - TASS interview
  • 19.02 16:51
  • 2
Подушка безопасности Ирана на фоне слов Израиля о недостаточности вывоза урана
  • 19.02 15:50
  • 16
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 15:07
  • 2
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 07:56
  • 0
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)