Войти

The United States, South Korea and Japan condemn the missile launches carried out by the DPRK

2886
0
-1
Image source: © AP Photo, J. Scott Applewhite, File

Hong Kong. January 27. INTERFAX - The United States condemns North Korea's latest missile launch, but remains committed to a diplomatic solution to the DPRK problem, Yonhap news agency writes, citing a State Department representative.

"The United States condemns the DPRK's ballistic missile launches," a department spokesman told the news agency.

"These tests, along with other ballistic missile launches this month, are a violation of numerous UN Security Council resolutions and pose a threat to the DPRK's neighbors and the international community," the State Department spokesman stressed.

He reaffirmed the US commitment to dialogue with North Korea. "We remain committed to a diplomatic approach to the DPRK and encourage them to engage in dialogue. Our commitment to the defense of the Republic of Korea and Japan remains unwavering," he said.

In turn, the Presidential National Security Council (NSC) of South Korea held an emergency meeting on the launches on Thursday.

The National Security Council called on Pyongyang to promptly respond to efforts to resolve problems through dialogue, while stressing that there should be no further deterioration of the situation on the Korean peninsula.

For his part, Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida called the launches extremely regrettable, since the DPRK fired ballistic missiles in violation of UN Security Council resolutions, in connection with which protests were filed.

Kishida added that so far he has not received any reports of damage to aircraft or ships.

A representative of the Japanese government told NHK that the shells fell outside the exclusive economic zone of Japan, so there is no direct impact on the national security of the country.

The latest launch of the DPRK was the sixth since the beginning of this year and the second this week.

Earlier, the South Korean military reported that Pyongyang launched two short-range ballistic missiles in the direction of the Sea of Japan.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 18.05 03:41
  • 2
BARS units will be created in Udmurtia to protect residents and factories from UAVs
  • 18.05 01:28
  • 1
NATO to put pressure on European arms manufacturers to increase investments (Financial Times, UK)
  • 18.05 01:17
  • 1
Лидер АдГ: Война на Украине представляет угрозу безопасности Германии
  • 18.05 01:03
  • 0
Комментарий к "Fighter Battle: Can Ukraine’s F-16s Defeat Russia’s Su-35 and Su-57?"
  • 17.05 21:45
  • 0
Комментарий к "Боевые самолеты России превзошли вооружение НАТО"
  • 17.05 19:59
  • 4
ОАК передала Минобороны России партию самолетов Су-57 с обновленным комплексом вооружения
  • 17.05 18:41
  • 6
В России появится собственный 90-нанометровый литограф
  • 17.05 13:01
  • 15822
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 17.05 04:04
  • 0
Комментарий к "ЗРК «Тор-М2» - в центре внимания западной военной прессы"
  • 17.05 02:58
  • 0
Комментарий к "Путина неверно поняли по поводу скорого завершения СВО. Вот что это значит (The Jerusalem Post, Израиль)"
  • 16.05 16:32
  • 1
Турецкий флот пополнил первый танкодесантный корабль нового поколения
  • 16.05 16:21
  • 2
Tactics of using long-range air-to-air guided missiles during their
  • 16.05 15:53
  • 1
Боевые самолеты России превзошли вооружение НАТО
  • 16.05 15:13
  • 1
Путин рассказал об укреплении технологического суверенитета России
  • 16.05 10:53
  • 2
UEC has introduced a highly efficient method for obtaining nanocomposite coatings for aircraft engine blades