Войти

South Korea is concerned about the behavior of the DPRK and calls for the resumption of negotiations

2403
0
0
Image source: © REUTERS, Kim Hong-Ji

Japanese Prime Minister regrets Pyongyang's launch

Hong Kong. January 5th. INTERFAX - South Korea's National Security Council expressed concern on Wednesday over North Korea's launch of a suspected ballistic missile and called for the resumption of talks to ease tensions on the Korean peninsula.

"The members of the council expressed concern about the launch made by North Korea at a time when the stability of the situation at home and abroad is very important," the South Korean presidential administration said in a statement.

It is noted that the members of the council also stressed the need to resume negotiations with the DPRK to ease tensions.

At the same time, Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said it was regrettable that North Korea had repeatedly launched missiles since last year.

He said that the government will increase vigilance. According to him, he instructed officials to do everything possible to collect, analyze information and quickly provide it to the public.

"We will quickly provide the Japanese people with the necessary information, making every effort to collect and analyze it," Japanese media quoted Kishida as saying.

The Prime Minister also added that he had ordered officials to take careful measures to ensure the safety of aircraft and ships, as well as carefully prepare for unexpected events.

Earlier, the South Korean military reported that the North launched a missile to the east at about 8:10 (2:10 Moscow time) from a ground platform.

The Japanese Coast Guard reported that a possible ballistic missile fell into the sea at 8:23 a.m. local time (2:23 a.m. Moscow time).

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 21.02 01:47
Комментарий к "В США рассказали о «трудном выживании» российских Ту-22М3"
  • 21.02 01:11
  • 14571
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 20.02 19:34
  • 20
Подушка безопасности Ирана на фоне слов Израиля о недостаточности вывоза урана
  • 20.02 14:09
  • 1
В России разработают гусеничный аэропорт для дронов
  • 20.02 12:55
  • 1
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 20:26
  • 0
Комментарий к "Аналитики предупреждают: Су-35 с ракетами увеличенной дальности угрожают превосходству НАТО в воздухе (Business Insider, Германия)"
  • 19.02 18:15
  • 1579
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 18:12
  • 67
CEO of UAC Slyusar: SSJ New tests with Russian engines will begin in the fall - TASS interview
  • 19.02 15:50
  • 16
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 15:07
  • 2
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона