Войти

The head of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine declares the possibility of resolving the conflict in Donbass only through political and diplomatic means

2424
0
0
Image source: © AP Photo / Anatolii Stepanov

Kiev. December 19. INTERFAX-UKRAINE - The end of the conflict in the east of Ukraine is possible through political and diplomatic means, but in case of threats to the territorial integrity of the country will not make any concessions, emphasizes the head of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry Alexey Reznikov.

"The end of this war is possible through political and diplomatic means. It's obvious. Not aggression. But we clearly understand that we will not make any concessions if it threatens our territorial integrity or sovereignty," Reznikov said in an interview for Armiyainform.

According to him, the return of territories not controlled by Kiev and their reintegration are possible in conditions of complete security. "If it is an ultimatum from the Kremlin that we should get another federal district or the autonomy they dream of, it is impossible," the minister stressed.

According to Reznikov, according to sociological research in Ukraine, 70% of Ukrainians agree to the return of certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions on conditions until 2014. "The end of the conflict should take place in the order of restoring control between Ukraine and Russia on the border, carrying out complete total disarmament in the occupied temporary territories, demilitarization, the introduction of Ukrainian law enforcement agencies there, preparation for local elections, when it becomes clear that the OSCE Copenhagen standards will allow for open, transparent local elections there. There can be no other option," the head of the Defense Ministry said.

He also called for the parties to the conflict to observe the ceasefire regime, which is prescribed in the Minsk agreements. Reznikov recalled that in July last year it was agreed on a regime of silence, and it lasted for almost five months. But in January of this year, the enemy violated the silence regime and began "using sniper fire, killing the Ukrainian military," he noted.

According to the minister, when a sniper makes a shot, the OSCE SMM monitoring mission does not hear and does not see it, however, Ukrainian servicemen need to respond in response to such attacks by using heavy weapons, in particular artillery, grenade launchers or mortars, which will immediately register the OSCE SMM as a violation by the Ukrainian Armed Forces.

"During this year, 43 Ukrainian soldiers were killed by sniper fire, namely from sniper fire," says Reznikov.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Проекты
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 20.02 20:53
  • 14570
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 20.02 19:34
  • 20
Подушка безопасности Ирана на фоне слов Израиля о недостаточности вывоза урана
  • 20.02 14:09
  • 1
В России разработают гусеничный аэропорт для дронов
  • 20.02 12:55
  • 1
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 20:26
  • 0
Комментарий к "Аналитики предупреждают: Су-35 с ракетами увеличенной дальности угрожают превосходству НАТО в воздухе (Business Insider, Германия)"
  • 19.02 18:15
  • 1579
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 18:12
  • 67
CEO of UAC Slyusar: SSJ New tests with Russian engines will begin in the fall - TASS interview
  • 19.02 15:50
  • 16
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 15:07
  • 2
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"