Войти

The US condemned the DPRK's missile launches

1898
0
0
Image source: © REUTERS / Jonathan Ernst

The United States condemns the new missile launches of the DPRK. Washington calls on Pyongyang to engage in dialogue. This was announced on September 15 by a representative of the State Department of the United States.

"The United States condemns the DPRK's missile launch. It is a violation of a number of UN Security Council resolutions and poses a threat to the DPRK's neighbors and the world community, "the American diplomat told RIA Novosti.

The interlocutor of the journalists clarified that the US commitment to the protection of South Korea and Japan remains unshakable. At the same time, Washington is ready to interact with the DPRK through a diplomatic approach.

Earlier in the day, the Kremlin called on the DPRK and South Korea to avoid escalating the situation. According to the press secretary of the President of Russia Dmitry Peskov, the Russian military is carefully monitoring what is happening in the region.

On Wednesday, North Korea launched two missiles towards the Sea of Japan. It is assumed that both missiles are ballistic. The interval between launches was approximately five minutes: the first was launched at 12:38 (6:38 Moscow time), the second-at 12:43 (6: 43 Moscow time).

Japanese Defense Minister Nobuo Kishi pointed out that the launched missiles fell in the Sea of Japan within the exclusive economic zone of Japan.

According to Kisi, during the repeated analysis, it was determined that the missiles flew a distance of about 750 km, and the maximum flight altitude was about 50 km. The minister stressed that such a trajectory is atypical for North Korean missiles. He drew attention to the fact that such launches violate the resolutions of the United Nations Security Council (UN).

On the same day, a submarine-launched ballistic missile was successfully tested in South Korea.

On September 13, North Korea announced successful tests of new long-range cruise missiles-strategic vehicles. The development was carried out for two years.


Vladimir Dzhabarov, First Deputy Chairman of the Federation Council for International Affairs, said that North Korea's tests of a new long-range cruise missile do not pose a threat to Russia's territory. He added that it is necessary to monitor the situation and strive to bring Pyongyang and Seoul back to the negotiating table with the mediation of Russia, China and the United States.

The Ministry of Defense of Japan, for its part, reported on the analysis of information about cruise missile tests. The Joint Chiefs of Staff of South Korea also noted that the republic's intelligence service, in cooperation with colleagues from the United States, is conducting a detailed analysis of the situation.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 20.05 16:41
  • 1
ГУР МО Украины: Россия делает ставку на реактивные «Герани»
  • 20.05 15:10
  • 15845
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 20.05 06:01
  • 0
Комментарий к "Европейская дилемма: как обеспечить безопасность баллистических ракет большой дальности, которые Трамп отказывается поставлять (The Telegraph UK, Великобритания)"
  • 20.05 01:44
  • 1
Ровер компании Astrolab поищет на Луне гелий-3. И оценит уровень своей запыленности
  • 20.05 01:31
  • 1
The European dilemma: How to ensure the safety of long-range ballistic missiles that Trump refuses to supply (The Telegraph UK, UK)
  • 20.05 00:52
  • 2
Су-57 заметили с комплексом 101КС-Н
  • 20.05 00:18
  • 0
Комментарий к "Польский военный «эксперт» высказался о «доктрине Герасимова»"
  • 19.05 23:39
  • 0
Комментарий к "Польша превращается в танковый хаб Европы"
  • 19.05 20:37
  • 0
Комментарий к "«Золотые линкоры» США умрут до рождения"
  • 19.05 11:54
  • 1
Кладов: выход на рынок разрабатываемого РФ и КНР перспективного тяжелого вертолета станет сенсацией
  • 19.05 11:28
  • 1
Rostec shows high-tech developments in China
  • 19.05 07:36
  • 1
Комментарий к "В США заинтересовались модернизацией российского Ту-160М"
  • 19.05 05:18
  • 1
Mercedes-Benz и другие автобренды ФРГ делают ставку в перспективе на оборонные заказы
  • 19.05 05:13
  • 3
BARS units will be created in Udmurtia to protect residents and factories from UAVs
  • 19.05 02:11
  • 1
Британия оснастила истребители на Ближнем Востоке новой системой против БПЛА