Войти

Pentagon chief issues directive on counter-China strategy-Media

2970
0
0
Image source: Carlos Barria/Reuters

Washington. June 10. INTERFAX-U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has issued an internal directive regarding the strategy and objectives of countering China, which the United States considers its main strategic rival, Western media reported.

"The department must now get to work," Austin said, introducing the directive from a Pentagon official.

He noted: "The initiatives I am presenting today relate to the broader U.S. government approach to China and will help develop a national defense strategy."

He said the new instructions "will enhance the ministry's ability to step up efforts to build a network of allies and partners, strengthen training, and accelerate the development of new operational concepts."

According to a Defense Ministry official, the working group identified a " gap between words and actions."

The Pentagon's operations over the past two decades have focused primarily on militants in the Middle East, rather than fighting a modern army like China's. The Pentagon's 2018 National defense Strategy identified China as a major strategic competitor, but the working group concluded that not enough had been done to address the challenges posed by Beijing.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Страны
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 20.02 16:54
  • 16
Подушка безопасности Ирана на фоне слов Израиля о недостаточности вывоза урана
  • 20.02 16:05
  • 14565
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 20.02 14:09
  • 1
В России разработают гусеничный аэропорт для дронов
  • 20.02 12:55
  • 1
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 20:26
  • 0
Комментарий к "Аналитики предупреждают: Су-35 с ракетами увеличенной дальности угрожают превосходству НАТО в воздухе (Business Insider, Германия)"
  • 19.02 18:15
  • 1579
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 18:12
  • 67
CEO of UAC Slyusar: SSJ New tests with Russian engines will begin in the fall - TASS interview
  • 19.02 15:50
  • 16
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 15:07
  • 2
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"