Войти

The Pentagon told about the unhindered withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan

1980
0
0
Image source: Фото: Global Look Press/Zuma/Timothy L. Hale

The withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan is proceeding smoothly, US Department of Defense spokesman John Kirby said on Monday, May 3.

According to him, the "small attacks" that took place over the weekend did not cause much damage to the US military, equipment and bases, writes Reuters.

"We have not yet seen anything that would affect the withdrawal or significantly affect the end of the mission in Afghanistan," Kirby said.

Earlier in the day, US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said during a press conference with British Foreign Minister Dominic Raab in London that the United States does not intend to leave Afghanistan, despite the withdrawal of troops from the country. According to him, Washington will continue to promote reconciliation between the authorities of Kabul and the radical movement "Taliban" (banned in Russia).

On April 29, the United States confirmed the beginning of the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan. Moreover, at the first stage of the operation, the American contingent in the country will increase for security purposes. According to the plan, the withdrawal of troops will be completed before September 11.

On April 14, American President Joe Biden announced that the United States will begin withdrawing its troops from Afghanistan from May 1. At the same time, as previously assumed, by this date, the US military in full force will already leave the country.

The rights to this material belong to
The material is placed by the copyright holder in the public domain
  • The news mentions
Do you want to leave a comment? Register and/or Log in
ПОДПИСКА НА НОВОСТИ
Ежедневная рассылка новостей ВПК на электронный почтовый ящик
  • Discussion
    Update
  • 20.02 00:21
  • 14545
Without carrot and stick. Russia has deprived America of its usual levers of influence
  • 19.02 20:26
  • 0
Комментарий к "Аналитики предупреждают: Су-35 с ракетами увеличенной дальности угрожают превосходству НАТО в воздухе (Business Insider, Германия)"
  • 19.02 18:15
  • 1579
Корпорация "Иркут" до конца 2018 года поставит ВКС РФ более 30 истребителей Су-30СМ
  • 19.02 18:12
  • 67
CEO of UAC Slyusar: SSJ New tests with Russian engines will begin in the fall - TASS interview
  • 19.02 16:51
  • 2
Подушка безопасности Ирана на фоне слов Израиля о недостаточности вывоза урана
  • 19.02 15:50
  • 16
"The Navy will break through the blockade." Patrushev — on the protection of navigation and maritime borders of the Russian Federation
  • 19.02 15:07
  • 2
Около 20 новых самолетов МС-21-310 находятся в процессе сборки
  • 19.02 14:53
  • 7
Starlink отключена две недели, но это не повлияло на БПС, заявил Криворучко
  • 19.02 13:10
  • 1
В США рассказали о плавающих у баз ВМФ России американских подлодках
  • 19.02 13:06
  • 1
"The equipment is becoming more "toothy": the BTR-22 was evaluated in the Western press
  • 19.02 11:41
  • 23
  • 19.02 07:56
  • 0
Комментарий к "Российский «Триумф» назвали головной болью НАТО"
  • 19.02 06:51
  • 1
В России начнутся тестовые полеты аналогичного Starlink дрона
  • 19.02 02:38
  • 1
Комментарий к "России дали 24 часа. "Калининград выведут из строя". План молниеносной атаки готов", и "А самим не страшно? НАТО собралось атаковать Калининград: когда и какими силами, как ответит Россия"
  • 19.02 01:38
  • 1
The former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who is expected to be Zelensky's main rivals, spoke about a disagreement with him (The Associated Press, USA)